Sunday, November 1, 2009

new training schedule..new partners?

So as the new month starts, my instructor is changing the schedule and price fees to a very very affordable rate. Brazilian Jiujitsu as we can agree can be little hurtin' on the wallet at about $100+ a month. For $70 a month he is offering his expert instruction on the art and hopefully, it attracts more people to come and train BJJ and away from the MMA craze where people just want to learn "UFC."

Here comes the part that got me thinking. I am lucky enough as a lowly blue belt to have had the opportunity to have close supervision, instruction, and access to purple, brown, and some black belts since I first tied on my white belt on a super baggy judo gi since I wasn't sure if I would stick with it. There have been other white belts who came and went in the academy and some were ok while most roll like they are battling you in the finals of the Mundials for the gold medal but generally had much close access to higher belts who serve as great training partners and provide helpful advice. This gets me as I am thinking what kind of people will be walking through the door once this new promotion starts. Inevitably, there will be spazzing whitebelts who try to take your head off and I must try to keep alert from getting injured and I understand as I was also a bit of a spaz when I first started. The great thing is those who stick around start to learn more and develop beautifully into good and productive partners who help you learn and advance your skills progressively quicker than if you had a very small pool of training partners. That's the beauty of the art as whereas everyone in life has their own personality, we all have our own unique style that has something that makes it slightly different than so and so over here and there. 

To top this off, the one film I am most looking forward to being released:


No comments:

Post a Comment