Tuesday, September 29, 2009

back to lifting

So it has been about 3 weeks since I started lifting weights again after a 2 month layoff from the iron pumping due to an excruciating tailbone injury that has not fully gone away. Played it safe for the first 2 weeks and just stuck to very light weights (what my friend refers to as "Sally" weights). Well I slowly started to get more comfortable with my favorite lifts including the power clean, hang clean, an the high pull. Push presses are fine too now although front squatting still feels a bit shaky. So today, here are the highest weights I did for my workout today. 
I am 5'6, 145 lbs.
-complex bar warm up and full contact twists
-high pulls w/89 lbs
-power cleans-2x10 w/89 lbs
hang cleans-4x8 w/ 111 lbs
hang cleans-4x4 w/133 lbs
push press-4x6 w/89 lbs
romanian deadlift-3x8 w/89 lbs

Most of these numbers are very close to what I was doing before my injury but the cleans have all hit the 20 kg plates so I am happy. My goal is to progress to the 25 kg plates and start the front squat again and I will be satisfied. Not lifting after a long layoff makes every weight seem so heavy! It sucks but just dealing with it gives you a nice sense of satisfaction after it's over. Then you go to sleep. Goodbye

p.s. describing something as "Sally"=weak sauce. However, describing something using "Mary Ann" is worse. So "Sally">"Mary Ann". 10 lbs dumbbell>3 lbs dumbbell 

No comments:

Post a Comment